Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Been A While....

Time has completely gotten away from me and I know it's been quite some time since my last post.  I have been working on some things and haven't been slacking...promise.  My time has been taken up by not only by my job and everyday life but with some projects around our home.  I have painted the trim and doors in the hallway and my goodness what an improvement!  It gives an "up to date" and fresh look and inspires me to get this house painted....unfortunately, I'm awaiting the beloved to get the walls prepped so that I can get started.  In the meantime, I will share with you one of my most recent projects, the nightstand for my honey.  An estate sale score to say the least...I mean I freakin stole this piece of furniture....$5, how could one resist.  So how on earth could I resist, I know a great deal when I see one!


Charming, right?  They sure don't make things the way they used to...real wood!  So I decided to stain it to match the nightstand I had refinished a few months ago, but the drawers had such beautiful wood grained veneer I couldn't see not showing them off.  I lightly sanded them and then oiled them to bring out the grain of the wood and WOW did they pop!  Usually I spray paint existing hardware with a hammered nickel finish but I liked the aged look of the sweet little drawer pulls and decided to keep them "as is".  The finished product is amazing and beloved is very happy with the end result!  Hope you like it as much as we do!






No comments:

Post a Comment