Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crazy for Chevron

Chevron has become my latest obsession and I decided I needed to create something with this popular design.  I had become tired of staining furniture and desperately wanted to try something a bit more exciting.  Fortunately, the previous owners left yet another piece of furniture, a precious little desk/vanity table.
Boring


After finishing my bedroom pieces, I decided to paint, yes paint, not stain, this adorable table. My plan was to use this in my entryway and I needed something bold, then a light clicked....why not paint a chevron striping on the table top?!  Ok...sounds easy enough...hee...hee...little did I know what a PIA this would be. I planned it out on graph paper, marking how many stripes and length of each zig and zag and it seemed simple enough.  Boy oh boy was I wrong....so my darling man was called into action.  "Hun could you please help me put this design on this table?"  Of course he came to the rescue and after 3 1/2 hours he had it perfectly taped and ready to be painted.  I think he became somewhat addicted to the project as well and we couldn't be happier with the result. 



Beautiful

2 comments:

  1. That turned out incredible! I love how the chevron accents the bow top...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda!I'm so glad you stopped by...I am your newest follower.

      Delete